Posted July 23, 2020
To: All QCMGA Members
Our Golf Professional, Joel Jaress, posted a NEW local rule in a Quail Creek POA Email blast. His post is shown below. The rule is effective on Friday July 24, 2020. If anyone has questions about MLR E-5, please contact George Lamping (QCMGA Rules Chairman), Joel Jaress (Head Golf Professional), or any member of the QCMGA Rules Committee.
Text of Joel’s Post
Starting Friday July 24, 2020 the local rule, MLR E-5 Alternative to Stroke and Distance for Lost Ball or Ball Out of Bounds will be in effect. With the new local rule in effect, there will be no longer a need for the red stakes on the right side of Quail #4 and Roadrunner #9. This local rule should help with Pace of Play on the entire Golf Course.
Click here for a detailed explanation of the local rule, MLR E-5.
Posted April 15, 2019
QUAIL CREEK COUNTRY CLUB LOCAL RULES
1. Measuring devices that measure distance only are allowed. (Rule 4.3)
2. PENALTY AREAS – Rule 17. Yellow and Red stakes/lines shall define the margin of the penalty area. All river rock or rip-rap areas shall be played as penalty areas whether marked or unmarked. For all river rock or rip-rap areas the margin of the penalty area will be defined as the edges of these rocks. If there is doubt whether a ball is in or is lost outside the penalty area, the player may play another ball provisionally under any of the applicable options in Rule 17.1. Quail #8 drop area may be used as an option. Roadrunner #4 – the drop area may be used any time the ball crosses the (yellow) penalty area line behind the green.
3. OUT OF BOUNDS – Rule 18.1 Defined by white stakes or the walls or borders indicating private property of our homeowners, and beyond cart path behind Coyote #9 green. COURSE REGULATIONS PROHIBIT RETRIEVING GOLF BALLS FROM PRIVATE PROPERTY.
4. BUNKERS – All bunkers on the course shall be treated as bunkers. Waste areas on the right on Coyote #3 and Coyote #8 are not bunkers. In the interest of safety, stones in bunkers shall be treated as loose impediments. (Rule 12.2a)
5. RELIEF FROM TREE WELLS, will only be granted from trees tagged with a green ribbon. If a TREE WELL, with a tagged tree, interferes with a player’s stance or intended swing, the ball may be lifted, without penalty, and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed for an Immovable Obstruction. (Rule 16.1)
6. RELIEF FROM CART PATH FAIRWAY CROSSING ON ROADRUNNER #3 – On this area on Roadrunner #3 only; if the ball comes to rest on the cart path or surrounding crushed stone paving, it may be lifted without penalty and played from the drop area.
Penalty for breach of local rule: Match Play: Loss of hole; Stroke Play: General Penalty (2 strokes)
Approved by Joel Jaress, Head Golf Professional, Quail Creek Country Club, April 15, 2019
Click here for a PDF of this document.